Friday, December 16, 2005

King Tut was Here.

With all the happiness in the world, Fort Lauderdale welcomes the King Tut exhibit and I had the pleasure of forming a part of the grand VIP opening event. It was thrilling, mysterious, and intoxicating (one too many CranberryVodkas). I'ma give a shout out to my girl Tatiana Berman for hooking up a phat experience. We arrived at 6pm after work on Wednesday...had to get all pimped out according to her instructions...never thought "casual chic" was soooo high class. In any event, I played the part and found quite a following. The exhibit was at the Museum of Art and upon arriving, I picked up my tickets at will call for 9pm!...what was to do until then?!? "Sir please make your way to the Riverhouse Condo for the reception..." Gadang, talk about a reception...gourmet food and drinks...plus the who's who of South Florida...and free!!...mmmm, ya'll know I was in heaven. While chillin with my boys Paco and Ovidio, the Egyptian Counsel Rep jumps up on the mic and says something like: "Egypt is the olde-hest civilizaaaheetion in the wor-eld...America is the young-hest civilizaaaheetion in the wor-eld...let us celebra-hate this exhibit in bridging that gap together..." Pretty inspiring if it wasn't for the funny accent... :) Anyway, I wasn't the only giggly one...throughout the exhibit my new acquaintances Mariela (right) and "the Cuban girl from UM" (left, forgot'er name) were going off!

NOTE: Personally, I think the boy king looks like Michael Jackson before the nose jobs...but whatever.

1 comment:

Kiwi said...

ohhhh niiiiiiice
send me one of 'em up to Beantown when i get back to keep me warm.
Rich always schmoozing his way into VIP events
love it.