Saturday, June 24, 2006

Arriving in Dusseldorf, Germany

I've just touched down in Dusseldorf on my direct flight from Miami. As I was the first one of the group to arrive, I orchastrated a fine plan to gather Roberto and Ercole from their respective flight. Ongoing access to the web and text messaging was key in this plight. We were able to change our Munich flight to tomorrow, but because Berto opted for checking in his bag in Los Angeles, we've been waiting for a couple hours now trying to find it. It seems that the bag has continued on to Munich and so he is arranging for it's storage there until tomorrow. The S-bahn to Dortmund will cost us 5euros each and leaves every 30mins. I overheard some Brazilians talking about how much they paid to scalp tickets for the Brazil vs. Australia game...300euros/ea. Ouch! Hopefully, we can get them for cheaper against Japan, but even at that price I would take them. Ercole will continue on to Kaiserslautern tomorrow to try and catch the Spain vs. Suadi game, whereas Berto and I will most likely continue straight to Munich, arriving at noon or so. The issue of where we plan to sleep tonight is still not discussed. In the back of my mind, I'm thinking we'll leave our bags in a locker at the train station in Dortmund and party it up until tomorrow. Donno, we'll see.

No comments: